Monday, June 13, 2011

The List

#450-492 of the Thousand Endless Gifts

*grace for starting the list again
*a child's story about contentment and gratitude to remind me
*laughing together because we both had the same question--"is our anniversary really this week? and how long have we been married again?"
*a husband that leads with strong hands, I am not alone
*beautiful sublime family chaos
*sisters and brothers that i never had growing up
*sweet smiles from the babies in the family
*watching my SIL play the up/down game and the kids eating it up
*cousins playing together
*time in the bounce place
*the pool
*a life giving friendship
*a letter of love and encouragement from a friend
*the blessing of a place to meet
*The Cottage
*knowing their names, giving them respect and smiles
*nature walks
*that God never stop revealing himself, i don't need to understand it all now, just enjoy taking it in
*seeing my daughter read her bible daily, letting her pick where she reads and listening to why
*naps
*children that are flexible
*that i can name my blessing and start giving thanks when i feel bummed, it making a difference
*bouncing things off my hubby in safety
*making burritos with friends, their first time
*a gentle (or not so gentle) reminder :)
*speaking words that make souls stronger
*ice water
*reading and listening to know, not letting it pass out of my mind, God helping me fight the fog and difficulty concentrating, trying to learn right along with the kids
*the audio files on bible gateway--i just love hearing the spoken Word of God
*when i talk a lot and he talks little but gives me so much wisdom, that he willingly listens, protects me and gives me a safe outlet, a man who "quietly puts up" when I probably need to "shut up" and the one who makes me brave and his will to love me (thanks for that beautiful post Ann),
*a strong 162 beat heartbeat, so easy to find, such a wonderful God sound
*a friend who asks me how I am feeling
*the Living Water, the true Bread that satisfies, and the Words that are powerful, living, active and Wisdom--learning not to starve my family or ration this but to slowly savor and partake often--another beautiful post God uses to confirm something he is doing in my family
*my middle son's excitement for life, his sweet and growing speech
*my children's emotions and a God that gave them and equips us to deal with them
*a book full of promises. FAITH. learning simple faith.
*a bookshelf built in an afternoon
*really good photographs, catching a moment in time
*yardwork together, the kids helping
*cooking for others
*a sweet, beautiful new baby
*celebrating God's holidays, the richness in the reminder
*a shower, forgiveness

No comments: