Monday, February 14, 2011

The Lord Has Made Me Glad!

Psalm 92:1-5

A psalm. A song. For the Sabbath day.
It is good to praise the LORD
and make music to your name, O Most High,
proclaiming your love in the morning
and your faithfulness at night,
to the music of the ten-stringed lyre
and the melody of the harp.


For you make me glad by your deeds, LORD;
I sing for joy at what your hands have done.
How great are your works, LORD,
how profound your thoughts!

I have challenged myself to stop and look at all the little blessings that God puts in my way each day. I want to be filled with peace and joy. I want to be content. The best way to do that is to have a thankful heart. It is a discipline. My how God opened my eyes when I asked to see those blessings clearly. I just sat down to write a few from the past week and out came a whole list (#1-#50 of the Thousand, Endless Gifts)...

*my family around the table
*"love is laying down"
*reading the perfect book. for me. at this time.
*warm sheets
*his face, eyes closed, sleeping peacefully
*touching hands
*a warm soothing cup of coffee
*early morning workout
*encouraging and challenging conversation with friend
*wide-eyed awe
*browsing homeschool books and feeling peace
*reading scripture with my other half
*reading scripture with my God
*every afternoon when he walks through the door
*stacks of books
*reading aloud to my children on the couch
*being silly together
*making faces with the baby
*"love you too"
*"look mom, I see an angel in the clouds"
* a bible verse that was part of our homeschool curriculum but spoke right to my heart
*braiding hair
*big sister volunteering to entertain her brothers
*getting there on time
*a 2 year old singing Jesus Loves Me and moving my mouth to sing with him
*trains and cars driving through my hair
*watching my kids use selfcontrol, being gracious even when they don't get everything they want, good fruit produced
*kind words from a friend
*God doing a work in my heart when I wanted to be angry and hurt
*the song just for me
*slowly understanding more about God's sovereignty
*stopping to pray with my kids
*taking a walk
*not having to wear a jacket, sunshine
*creative, imaginative play
*throwing out some clutter
*finding the perfect gift, making a friend smile
*snuggling in bed with my daughter
*a night of family fun
*listening to Olivia discuss how to apply the bible to our lives
*literal interpretations, wise words
*excitement over helping with chores
*hugs and forgiveness after I mess up, confessing a loud in front of my family
*afternoon naps
*"the way I feel about you is kind of a song"


No comments: