Thursday, September 2, 2010

Portraits

One of our art lessons this week was on the work of Gilbert Stuart. He was a painter from Colonial America and known as one of our foremost portrait artists. His most well known work is a portrait of George Washington--the one we see on the one dollar bill. Olivia and I did portraits of one another. We did them in crayon and then crumpled them and covered them in a thin black paint to make them look aged. It was fun. Don't laugh at my art skills. I mean I was doing it mostly one handed with Ezra in the other hand. Actually, it wouldn't have made much difference if I did have both hands. :) Olivia really enjoyed this activity and her art skills are blooming.



1 comment:

Dana Butler said...

awesome idea. you're my hero, rebecca! :) (for real - not sarcastic :) )