Sunday, July 8, 2018

Salem Lake Bike Ride

Rebecca is most definitely the more motivated of the two of us. For the past couple of months, she's been taking her bike out and going on rides in different places. She kept hassling me about coming along, so this morning, I finally caved and went with her on a ride around Salem Lake.


I have to admit, it's an amazing ride. It's about 7 miles around the lake and you are rewarded over and over by views like this. Salem Lake is truly a hidden gem. (I know, it's not really "hidden" since there's a marina and a biking trail and all that, but still... until she told me about it, I had no idea it was there.)
We had fun going back and forth trying to catch selfies on the go. It's a wonder I didn't hit a tree!
I was definitely saddle sore by the time we were done, but I can't say enough about how amazing this trail is and how beautiful the lake is, especially on a day like this.

No comments: