Saturday, October 5, 2013

Mudbug Run 2013

As I mentioned in the Sukkot post, we ran the Mudbug Run again this year. However, it was a very last-minute decision and so we didn't do any preparing for it. (not that I did any last year, but Rebecca had at least done some running ahead of time)

On the walk to the race, there were a few firetrucks and rescue vehicles just in case of a mishap on the course (yes, there was fire to jump over) and the boys, of course were very excited. The firefighters were so nice and immediately offered to let them climb up into the driver's seat. Ezra passed, but Gabe was all about it.

"There's a lot of buttons."

Grandma and the kids. Grandma and Grandpa volunteered to watch the kids at Hagan-Stone's awesome playground while we ran our race.

Rebecca and I before our start. Nice, clean, and in my case, fluffy.

Here's what we had to look forward to.

About 3/4 of the way through, the course ran right by the playground so we stopped and got a picture. Not too dirty, mostly from the waist down. Little did we know what the last 1/4 had for us.

Some serious mud. We literally crawled through a 100-yard long trench on our bellies. My beard was a bit heavier after that one.

If you've never done a mud run, it's a ton of fun and you don't have to be in shape for it. Well, this one at least. I'll be putting out the notice next year for anyone who wants to try one. I'd love it if we could put together a good group of folks. Let me know if you're interested and I'll keep you in the loop.

1 comment:

Lacey (schoolhousefarm) said...

wow!! WAY worse than last year--for sure! you're a brave pair!