Thursday, December 29, 2011

Candlemaking

Olivia got to make candles at home last week. We had some candle making supplies from trying it out just after Rebecca and I got married. Olivia made two candles layered in different colors to give as gifts.




This was inspired after a trip to The NC Candle Factory a few weeks ago. Olivia said this was like being on the show How Its Made. She had lots of questions for our guide but seemed to like the color/scent room and the burn room the best.




And these lights remind us of the True Light and that we are to reflect that light.

 Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”John 8:12
“You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven. Matthew 5:14-16

I then used the leftover wax to make something I've been wanting to try for a while: homemade firestarters


I had a bunch of oak shavings from a candleholder I made and so I put them in the egg crate and poured the hot wax into each egg holder. Once they dried, they worked great. :)

No comments: