Week one, she memorized:
1. have no other gods before me.
2. not make unto thee any graven image
3. not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain.
4. remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.
5. honor thy father and mother; that thy days may be long upon the land the Lord thy God giveth thee.
6. not kill.
7. not commit adultery.
8. not steal.
9. not bear false witness against thy neighbor.
10. not covet.
We sponge painted the front with gray acrylic paint.
This is a map of the region with Mt Sinai and a picture of the mountains.
These are verses that we read to talk about the purpose of the 10 commandments and what we should do with them. We are to obey God's laws and we should know them well so that is why we memorize them. These 10 commandments are from a loving God that desires to direct our steps on the right path. And His laws always remain true.
God gave the 10 commandments to Moses on Mt. Sinai.
Here is some fun we had with a maze and also a finger-play poem I found in a library book.
CC is amazing in the amount that kids this age can absorb! Some of the other things they've been learning are a history timeline (ancient to modern), geography and history, all related to the ancient world this year, biology and earth science, skip counting, some art, english and latin. She really enjoys all this memorization. And I am getting my education all over again too. :)